Product: Meta 2
The Meta team was passionate about creating the world’s most immersive AR experience. Its first crowd-funded headset was a big hit, drawing major attention.
This success led to increased funding and great expectations for the next-best-thing. In a highly competitive market that was exploding with possibilities, they invited us to develop cutting-edge hardware for the Meta 2.
The BC | Meta Team
The Meta 2 team asked us to lead mechanical design efforts for its latest headset. We worked closely with the company’s electronic hardware engineers to implement industrial design (ID) initially delivered by frog, which resulted in an industry-leading product.
Design / Technical Achievements
- Reviewed initial ID efforts by frog
- Translated ID into manufacturable parts
- Integrated Meta custom electronic components
- Designed and integrated mechanical components
- Developed test fixtures for production and assembly
- Supported quality control efforts
- Created best-in-class technical documentation
We can’t wait to glimpse the future because we are a part of it. Fortune 500 companies and indie developers are currently building killer AR apps for their customers with the Meta 2.
Images courtesy of Meta.